Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What!? Another Post!? It's Only Been 2 Days! Is He Out of His Mind?!

That's right everyone. I'm back already for one reason and two reasons alone.

Pictures.

And Slang.

And an adventure!

First things first, I think you should all be updated on the words that are starting to slip into my everyday use before it slips into my typing and you give up reading in a fit of befuddled frustration. So pull out those buzzers and lets look at the categories shall we?

Maori (Indigenous New Zealanders)

Te Papa - Our House
Te Ara - Our Story
Mana - A life source. Kind of like karma/juju/something else I'm not entirely sure how to translate
Tapu - Sacred
Noa - Normal, not sacred
Waka - War canoe
Kia ora - Thank you but translates to a whole basket of friendly things
Manaia - Kind of like a spirit
Ka Mate - "It is death"
Marei - A ceremony house


New Zealand-y things

Sweet as - its like "awesome" but with more variety (*colorful adjective* as)
Breu - sounds like bro with an accent, and you can pretty much tag it on the end of any sentence
Cheers - thanks, goodbye, hello, pardon me, the list goes on
Diddums - "awww po baabyyyy"

So today something very out of the ordinary happened. Remember that level of 007 Goldeneye where if you stayed in one spot enemies would keep pouring out of the doors indefinitely?

Well it was kind of like that.

But with ducks.


We were definitely attacked by a flock, no - an army, of ducks. They just kept coming out of the bushes by the thousands (ok, so maybe there were 10 or 15 ducks). But they were organized!

They killed and ate Jack. True Story.

I had a dream the other night where Jack was flying a plane with the group in it and we all fell to our deaths, so I guess it all worked out.


Anyways... on to the main event!!


Look Samson, Pictures!!!!

...



...



Dear Readers, Blogger hates me and pictures will be delayed.

Again.

2 comments:

  1. the technology gremlin wins round 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hoov,
    on the pics and blogger, try downloading Windows Live Writer. It helps uploading the pics.
    Are you in New Zealand? If you are, I have a good friend there! let me know!

    ReplyDelete