Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Encore!!!

So I have a little time and a little prepaid internet left so we are going to take a quick journey through whatever happens to pop into my head before my time runs out.

Nobody has been able to accurately recreate a good hotdog, no matter how "American" the stand claims to be.

Weirdest thing I've seen in a second story window: Bulldozer

I got to play on stage at the world renowned Bennet's Jazz Club as a guest artist for the Melbourne International Jazz Festival.

You will never see cops in a group of less than 5 on the streets of Melbourne

The best way to learn a public transportation system is to get hopelessly lost on one

At any given time, New Zealand Pop culture is 8 to 10 years behind ours. Australia sits at about 5

They decided to build their mall around an old shot making factory, with-out tearing it down, so you walk out of Diesel or FCUK or Donut King and smack into the brick wall of a 5 story metalurgy factory just kind of hanging out in the middle of everything.

Some guy in a suit thought I was his son and followed me for 4 blocks before he realized his mistake.

Today I saw an Aboriginal man who had dyed his sideburns (massive sideburns) silver, the hair immediately around his ears pinkish purple and the hair around his bald spot bleach-blonde. The rest of his hair was black.

Combination shops are a big deal here, for instance Haircuts and Pet Grooming, or Pizza and Kebabs.

Sure, why not?

All over town there are tiny tile mosaic space invaders (from the game) about 20 ft up and just chillin' on the wall. I've counted almost 30, each one by itself.

Almost every single bar or restaurant in this town serves pizza for really cheap, and it makes me happy.

There is a donut shop that sells Cactus Cooler. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, there is no explaining the awesomeness it entails.

The Boat That Rocked, Rocks

Australians are very punny

They have a very weird version of football here, I understand it less then Cricket.

In the middle of the Museum of Melbourne, there is a forest. With snakes and fish and everything

Welp, out of time, hope you enjoyed this last minute encore

Until next time,

Cheers,
The Wayward Hoover

No comments:

Post a Comment